2018 is coming to a close, so you know what that means… It’s time for my annual Best of! First off, let’s talk makeup…
- Primer: When it comes to primer, I’m really looking for that added layer of moisture, and Smashbox’s Pimerizer does exactly that. Seriously, if you haven’t tried this primer yet, what are you waiting for!?
- Foundation: There’s going to be a theme to a lot of these favourites, because most of them are what I wore to my wedding! The Shiseido Sports BB Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Wetforce was my base on the big day, and really for most of 2018.
- Concealer: A new discovery for me was the RMS Un Cover Up concealer – it gives me the perfect amount of coverage and glow combined.
- Bronzer: There’s no surprise here, my Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer is still going strong – in fact I’m probably about to hit pan on this bad boy!
- Contour & Highlighter: I’m really going from affordable to high-end with this one, the Wet n Wild Cushion Contour has been my go-to for carving out them cheekbones, and the Rodial Instaglam Compact Deluxe Illuminating Powder has me shining bright like a diamond.
- Blush: Another RMS favourite (probably my #1 brand pick for 2018) comes in the form of a cream trio – the Shimmer Twilight Palette‘s blush in Lip2Cheek in Demure has been giving me the perfect flush since picking it up.
- Eyebrows: Still my all-time favourite brow gel has to be the Glossier Boy Brow in brown, but I recently ran out and the Milk KUSH Brow Gel has been keeping its spot in my makeup routine warm.
- Eye Primer: Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base remains my favourite eye primer, but this year they released shades and I’ve been loving the Medium base (although I’m eager to get my hands on the lighter shade).
- Eyeshadow: This is a tough one because there really were so many eyeshadows that I loved in 2018. In terms of a natural, matte shadow, it has to be my new HG neutral palette, the Chanel Les 4 Ombres in Clair Obscur. For a more shimmery look, I’ve been reaching for the Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Nude Dip.
- Mascara: The has been a tough year for me and mascaras – my favourites have all been discontinued, so I’ve been on the hunt to find something that compares. So far, top spot has to go to the Nars Climax Mascara, but please let me know if you have any favourites that I haven’t tried yet…
- Eyeliner: New category here, but also probably the first time I’ve really committed to eyeliner – this year I’ve been absolutely loving the Make Up For Ever Aqua LX Eye Pencil in S-50, which is the perfect taupey brown.
- Tool: Another new one, this time on a budget. The Luxie 518 Large Powder Brush, which I use for bronzer, and picked up at Winners, believe it or not.
- Lip Balm: I’m sure it’s no surprise, but the Sara Happ Lip Slip took number one balm spot – the juiciest, shimmer that somehow manages to look natural – it’s magic.
- Lip Gloss: I haven’t actually been wearing a lot of gloss in 2018, but the Charlotte Tilbury Collagen Lip Bath was a new release that I actually really enjoyed.
- Every Day Lipstick: Of course, my number one lipstick has to be the BITE custom Lip Lab shade that I made at my bachelorette, and what I wore on my wedding day. It’s my absolute perfect shade and I cherish it!
- Bold Lipstick: Another favourite from Rodial is their Suede Lips in Overdressed. A bright bold pink that’s not too matte but also not too creamy.
Which makeup favourites made your list this year? Let me know in the comments below and stay tuned for my Best of: Skincare Edition, coming soon!