After years of hearing nothing but rave reviews in the blogosphere, I finally took the plunge and purchased the cult classic Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel, and I’m SO happy that I did.
Like any other cult classic, I picked mine up from Cult Beauty. I had just finished my Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser, which you can’t go wrong with, especially for the price, and I wanted to treat myself. The Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel is exactly that, a treat.
This cleanser instantly transports you to a spa. The light rose scent is incredibly delicate, and washing your face feels more like a treatment then a chore.
The gel-to-milk formula combines a number of natural ingredients to strengthen and restore skin while providing a deep clean that won’t dry you out.
The ingredients here speak for themselves:
- Lactobacillus (Pumpkin Enzyme) clears out pores and breaks apart dead skin cells
- Vitamin A Palmitate improves skin’s appearance, gently resurfacing and promoting elasticity
- Vitamins C and E protect against free radicals
- Starflower Oil, Magnesium and Vitamins B2 and C promote firmness
- Oskia’s signature MSM (the most bio-available form of Sulphur) detoxifies, soothes and reduces inflammation
If you’re looking to splurge a little bit on skincare, I can’t recommend this enough. I personally use this as a second cleanse, or in the mornings (it’s just too good to waste on a face full of makeup).
I can definitely see why people who love this, also love the Glossier cleanser. It’s a perfect alternative if you don’t want to spend the extra cash. But know that you’re forfeiting some of the benefits if you don’t go with Oskia.
Knowing how much I love the Renaissance Cleansing Gel now has me thinking I need to try some other products from the brand, but to be honest, I haven’t heard much about anything else from their line. Do you have any recommendations? I would love to hear them in the comments below!