It’s that time of year again – where I round up all of my favourites in beauty and skincare for all my lovely readers. Curious to what I’ve been loving lately? Read on below to find out my number ones in makeup!
- Primer: Some things definitely stay the same, and that goes for my favourite primer of 2017 – the Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer in Green!
- Foundation: A new foundation favourite graced my beauty collection this year, all thanks to Influenster! I’ve fallen in love with the Shiseido Sports BB Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Wetforce in Light.
- Concealer: The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is still my number one in terms of drugstore concealer, but 2017 marked when I was finally able to get my hands on the famous Tarte Shape Tape!
- Powder: Replacing the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder this year is Laura Mercier’s Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder in Fair.
- Bronzer: The Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer still reigns supreme, but the recent edition of the Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder Bronzer in Saffron Sun has taken my beauty game to the next level.
- Contour & Highlighter: A combined category this year goes to none other than Charlotte Tilbury for her innovative Contour Wand and Beauty Light Wand.
- Blush: Blush is bringing me back to another old favourite – Hourglass’ Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure.
- Eyebrows: My eyebrows have never looked better than with the new Glossier Boy Brow in brown, which I was introduced to this year.
- Eye Primer: The Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is still my ultimate eyeshadow primer, so there’s no new news here.
- Eyeshadow: The eyeshadow category has been condensed this year because I’ve been using pretty much the same thing every day since I bought it – lilah b.’s Palette Perfection Eye Quad in Stunning (special mention goes to Kjaer Weis’ Wisdom, which I was using up until I found lilah b.)
- Mascara: Mascara favourite actually goes to a recent discover (and a cheap one at that) – the Essence Rock ‘n Doll Mascara.
- Tool: It’s no surprise that I love my Beauty Blender, but this year I tried out the Beauty Blender Pro, and there’s no turning back.
- Lip Balm: Another recent discovery, and the only thing keeping my dry lips at bay this winter, is the Sara Happ Lip Slip.
- Lip Gloss: I haven’t been wearing gloss much this year, but when I do it’s been Buxom’s White Russian.
- Every Day Lipstick: Surprisingly, my favourite every-day lipstick has been Charlotte Tilbury’s Penelope Pink – the colour is more peachy than what I usually gravitate to, but the formula is no joke.
- Bold Lipstick: Marc Jacobs’ So Rouge lipstick is what I’ve been wearing whenever I want a pop of colour, but unfortunately it was an exclusive Sephora VIB Rouge reward from a few years ago. I’ll definitely be trying to make this one last.
What have been your makeup favourites of 2017? Let me know in the comments below!