It’s that time of year again… It’s time for my best of 2016 – Skincare Edition. While some of these products won’t surprise you, there are definitely some new additions to the categories!
Let me know what your 2016 skincare favourites were in the comments below, and stay tuned for my makeup favourites! Any guesses what they could be?
- Night Cleanser: My love for The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil is still going strong. In fact, I tried some other cleansing oils this year but kept coming back to this one.
- Day Cleanser: Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser was a new discovery for me but I absolutely love it for a morning cleanse.
- Serum: I absolutely loved the Kypris Antioxidant Dew Facial Serum this year, but I’m all out right now and instead am trying out the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid, which is also a winner in my books.
- Face Moisturizer: Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream has been a life saver this year. I’ve been struggling finding the right moisturizer that hydrated my super dry skin without breaking me out, and this one has been the only thing that works!
- Oil: The Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil was one of my favourite finds for 2016 – I can’t imagine life without this facial oil!
- Eye Cream: While not necessarily an eye cream, I’ve been loving the Province Apothecary Healing Eczema Balm this year. I’ve been struggling with eczema around my eyes all year long, and this has been the only thing that helps.
- Face Mask: While a relatively new discovery for me, the Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask has quickly made its way in to my 2016 favourites list!
- Toner: Two years running now, the Darphin Intral Toner is still number one.
- Exfoliator: I’m so happy I discovered the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive this year. It’s changed the way I exfoliate my skin.
- Body Wash: I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to discover the L’Occitane Cleansing And Softening Shower Oil with Almond Oil. This is hands down a holy grail product for me now!
- Body Scrub: This year I’ve loved the Lush Rub Rub Rub body exfoliator, but I’m all out right now so I’ve been using the Red Flower Indian Jasmine Isla Das Rocas Revitalizing Sea Salt Scrub, which I’ve also been loving!
- Lotion: I’m pretty sure this is discontinued so I’m stretching out every last drop of my favourite Laura Mercier ’Crème de Pistache’ Souffle Body Crème.
A special mention also goes to Lush Bath Bombs… while I certainly have some favourites, the bath bomb experience altogether deserves a spot on this list!